Wednesday, October 19, 2005

"SSG Fetters goes on leave"

Kuwait was only an hour out of Bahrain so we got there pretty quick when we actuallyleft. I waited about a day before I got a flight out of there. They have contractedflights going all the way from Kuwait to Atlanta every day. They wait until they havea full MD-11 and send us out. 5 hours later you're in Germany for a couple hourswhile they refuel and restock, then it's another 9 hours to Atlanta. I caught a shortjump from there to Orlando where we had a great time. I actually got an earlier flight from the one I had previously scheduled, so my wifewasn't quite ready to pick me up. I called her from Atlanta to let her know I'd beabout 3 hours early and she picked me up and took me to the condo she and the kidswere staying at. I walked through the door in time to see my mother in law workingwith my 2 year old son to go potty. He ran out and gave me a hug with no pants on! My4 year old daughter at least waited until she could get her pants on before sherushed me! It was too funny! We went to Sea World and the kids just loved it! Especially Cecilia, she may want tobe a trainer or something when she gets older. Ann gave me a 'Dive with the Sharks'ticket for our anniversary. I had a blast! We've got the pictures and will have toget them on here. They put me in a shark gage and took me all through their sharktank for about 30 minutes. Unfortunately they didn't have the helmets set up right,something about the radios not working. So they gave me a mask and snorkel. I usedthe snorkel some, but for the most part I just held my breath and went to the bottomas long as I could. It was cool! And to think I only got her a bottle of perfume.I'll have to get a little more creative, they do make jewelry here inAfghanistan....Anyway, I'll have to continue this a little later. Coming soon, another excitingepisode of "SSG Fetters goes on leave"!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home