Wednesday, October 26, 2005

A little knee pain

Well Allen is okay but he did hurt his knee this week. He is a quote from an Oct 21 e-mail.

I just did something stupid today. We were washing vehicles, and I was guiding a humvee off of the elevated ramps. The flat part on top is solid, no holes. The ramp down from there is not. I stepped right through one of those gaps, fell backward with my leg caught in that same hole. For a second I thought I had broken my leg, but it didn't hurt that bad. I got up and checked it out. It appears I only scraped my leg up and wounded my pride. I think I'll have the medics check it out in the morning though, because I may have strained my knee or something. I'm fine though, the Lord has seen fit to spare me a broken leg, so I am very thankful!

Here was the note on the 24th:

I got my leg looked at. The medic that initially saw me was real gentle as far as what force he put on my leg while he was moving it around, and then the PA came in. He walked in, grabbed my leg and whipped it all around! His diagnosis was the same as the medic's except for the reccomended drugs. I've got an antibitoic and some vicatin. They were going to give me some morphine to help me sleep, but I didn't need it. The vicatin did just fine and I slept pretty good. They wrapped up my leg from just above the ankle to just above the knee and gave me some cold packs, too.

Then the 25th he said this:

My leg is much better today. It feels better, it just doesn't look it. The bruising is really something! I had someone all the way down the hall in the BN building see me outside the TOC and thought I had really broken something. It just looks ugly, that's all.

It is bruised from knee to foot so I guess it does look bad. I would like to say he is taking it easy but 15 hours a day isn't really taking it easy. They gave him a new job to go with his other job so now he is also schedueling all in country flights for his group! I will get him to send us another episode of Sgt Fetters goes on leave as soon as he can!
Ann

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home